Sunday, February 24, 2013

A child's struggle inspires drive for cure

This article is about a little girl, named Rafi, who has a rare disease called epidermolysis bullosa. This is a disease in which skin blisters develop in response to a minor injury.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/23/health/rafis-run/index.html

Guys, this was so sad and I just needed to say that. This article has four struggles from which I could tell. The first one is trying to find a cure for this disease. We all know how hard it is to find cures but we also now that nothing is impossible. It's a struggle, but we always get through it because these amazing people are trying to give it there all for people like Rafi. Dedicating themselves to their research. The second struggle that i noticed was the the struggle to fund the search for a cure. in the article it mentioned that people from Rafi's neighborhood started Rafi's Run. All of the money that they make goes to research to finding a cure. Last year they earned $200,000! The third struggle is the struggle that Rafi's parents face everyday. It must hurt so much for them to see their daughter like that. But they never give up. They didn't take the easy way out like other people do. The final struggle, is faced by Rafi. The pain that she goes through everyday is more than most of will ever be able to take. After reading this article I found a new person to admire. Rafi is someone that we should all admire.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. As a mom, it pains me to think of any child in pain, as I know how it feels to see my child unhappy and in pain. AND, the fact that doctors don't know what to do. It makes me appreciate the life I have more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an emotional article. The struggling of everyone around this little girls to find a cure is even more touching.

    ReplyDelete